Configuring your Polycom VVX to pull information from the Dovetail platform is simple!
1. First of all, make sure your device exists in Dovetail.
You can use the "Add IP Phone" button if your device isn't listed.
2. Once the device is listed, simply plug in your phone and wait for it to boot up. Tap the "Home" button, then tap "Settings" on the screen. You'll need to go to "4 - Status", then "2 - Network" and then "1 - TCP/IP Parameters". In there you should see a field called "IPv4 Addr".
3. Type the IP address into your browser. Your computer should be connected to the same network and you may need to put "https://" before the IP address.
4. You should see a login screen - the default password for the admin user is "456" - if this doesn't work, check with your network administrator or your ITSP to see if they have changed the password.
5. Log in and choose Settings -> Provisioning server from the menu. Change the settings to:
- Server Type - HTTPS
- Server Address - polycom.dovetail.siphonnetworks.com
Click Save and your phone should reboot. After a few minutes your phone will be downloading its configuration from Dovetail - your phone may reboot more than once if it needs a firmware update.